Flat tummy in 24 hours
You are bloated but need to have a flat tummy because you have an important date or want to wear that tight dress for a special occasion.
Most of us got used to this soft layer of belly fat enveloping our waists and fondly call it lovehandles. But we all know that they won’t look very sexy once we are headed to the beach. So what’s the rescue plan? My answer will be divided in two parts, one is DAMAGE CONTROL and the other is LONGTERM DIRECTIONS.
DAMAGE CONTROL is all you can do if you have one day left before you go on vacation. So this is how you should use these precious 24 hours:
1. Speed up your metabolism by drinking black coffee and eating UNREFINED OATS for breakfast. Oats contain very high levels of calcium, potassium and magnesium, coupled with Vitamin B-complex. Oats have lots of fibers and minerals which will not only provide you with an extended sensation of fullness but also support digestive health. Cooked oats can help relieve fat from the body and taste delicious. Try this recipe: Blend two organic bananas with some water or soy milk. You may try some spices like cinnamon for an extra twist. Place a cup of unrefined oats in a greenpan and add the mixture. Bring to a slow boil, stirring all the time until the porridge begins to thicken.
2. Eliminate ADDED SUGAR. It’s everywhere! In breakfast cereals, flavored yoghurt, sweets, processed foods, fruit juices and sodas (1 can of Coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar!). All that sugar increases insulin production, which will signal your brain that it needs more food. Your grown appetite will develop into cravings for more sugar and refined carbohydrates.
3. NO ALCOHOL of course. Alcohol is nothing else but sugar again.
4. Don’t drink CARBONATED DRINKS. The fizz can cause gas to get trapped in your belly. Instead, drink water and flavor it with a piece of lemon, lime, raspberry or cucumber.
5. Use only LITTLE SALT because it is the most common cause of water retention in your abdomen. There is lots of salt in processed foods, an other reason to avoid them.
6. Beat the BLOAT. No matter how shredded you are, if you’re bloated, you won’t look your best in a swimsuit. If you are not used to eating beans or lentils, they can cause that gassy feeling. So can the cruciferous family of vegetables, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. That doesn’t mean you should give up on these super foods, but work them into your diet slowly and soak the beans for at least eight hours before cooking them.
7. Studies suggest that peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, parsley and YOGHURT containing probiotics may help reduce bloating.
8. Go to SOLARIUM or use some self-tanning cream to accentuate your muscles. If you don’t have any yet, it’s still a good idea because a tanned belly looks better than one which is white as a sheet.
LONGTERM DIRECTIONS is what I really want you to go for:
1. Rule out wheat ALLERGIES or lactose intolerance. Food allergies can cause gas and bloating. If you suspect you have an intolerance, see your doctor for tests.
2. Exchange carbohydrates in favor of an equal amount of PROTEIN. Protein helps to burn fat because it requires almost 4 times the amount of calories for digestion as carbohydrates or fat does. Protein is also needed to maintain, repair or build muscle. Good sources of protein can be found in eggs, lean meat, fish, milk, soy and beans.
3. In order to flatten your belly, you have to lose total body fat. Once you LOSE WEIGHT, you will automatically have a smaller stomach.
4. Work ABS in the beginning of your workout and don’t leave them to the end, when you are tired and unfocused. Make them a PRIORITY in your training plan and work them three times a week.
The good thing about working ABS is that you can do it EVERYWHERE, even on the beach or in a hotel room. Some suggestions: Bicycle Crunch, Spiderman Plank Crunch, Hip Raise/Leg Raise, JackKnife, Windshield Wipers.